Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My old hood!

Yesterday I spent the whole day in Galma, Wolpyeong, and Dunsan-dong areas revisiting my old hangouts.

I took almost no time editing these videos, so if they get long and boring just blame yourself for continuing to watch them.

First I took the subway near Matt and Dani's (the very last stop in the south-east end of the city) all the way to my old hood, Galma-dong.

A cool building on the way to the Panam subway stn

A Korean freezie.. so yummy and refreshing in this disgusting humidity





Here's my walk to my old apartment building:



Then I tried to make my way to my old school:



I got my hair permed (perhaps when I have more time I'll go into more detail about this), then checked out Paris Baguette:


I met up with Matt and Dani for a Samgyupsal (bbq bacon) dinner

A cute (but invasive) Korean boy chatted with us in the corner store



Korean bbq (samgyupsal, like thick bacon) for dinner

We wrap the meat up in the lettuce like a pita

With the left overs the waitress made us fried rice


We then walked around downtown and I bought a tonne of stuff at the Daiso dollar (1000 won) store as well as Artbox (the other location).

Greatly inappropriate restaurant sign: Eat Me

Male strip club maybe?  At least a dance club with male eye candy...

Really cute carrot muffins

The food court in the basement of Timeworld, a big department store

Korea likes to display fake food

I took a photo of other people's patbingsu (shaved ice with ice cream, syrup, and fruits)

Ice choco!!  It's like a hot chocolate but icy cold and refreshing


Artbox video (trust me, you'll want to see all the cute stuff Korea has to offer):



3 comments:

  1. Visitors sandals at the school? That's interesting. A good way to keep the hallways clean I guess.

    Artbox reminds me of DeSerres at St-Laurent. I think I would love that store. Was that a korean version of One Direction playing on the radio?

    Enjoy your trip, I am enjoying your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed a detail : You got your hair permed? Like curly perm? Pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hair is super curly now. It's supposed to loosen in time. Right now it's pretty gross with all the humidity. Perhaps I'll post a photo soon when I get time to style it properly ;)

    ReplyDelete