Friday, July 19, 2013

My dorm room & cafeteria food

So, camp orientation has started.  It was a long day...  My days will end at 7pm or 9pm from now on and start at 8am.  ack...

The camp takes place on Korean University's satellite campus in Jochiwon (south of Seoul); the main campus is in Seoul.  I sleep in the dorms, eat at the caf, and will teach in the classrooms.

Here's my dorm room:



Here's what I've been eating:


A watermelon-flavoured freezie snack from the GS25 (convenience chain)
store on campus; it wasn't very good

 Lunch time:
 top-right: kimchi (fermented spicy cabbage)
top-middle: ddeok bokki (delicious rice cakes and fish cakes in spicy sauce)
top-left: eggs with some veggies inside
bottom-left: rice with beans dispersed

Dinner time:
Welcome buffet smorgasborg!
I especially like the japchae (bottom-right; stir-fried glass noodles with vegetables)



Can you tell I like food yet?  I have been and will, upon departing Korea, miss(ing) the food so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment