Wednesday, July 31, 2013

I'm free!

Down with the shackles of interview prep!  I finally have free time to update my blog.  I know it's long overdue and I apologize.  I will be posting a series of entries of my last few days.  Enjoy!



I was given a class of 8 students ranging from about 11 years old to 14 years old.  At first I was a bit disappointed that I got the older students because I knew they wouldn't be as excited to play games or participate in English activities as much as the younger students.  The grass is always greener, eh?  Well actually, it's greener on *my* side! muahahah!  My kids are awesome.  They are respectful, kind, and for the most part they enjoy participating.  Some people who have kids of similar, younger, or older age all have issues with them.  But my class is the best!  On top of that, I have a Korean co-teacher that helps me out as well as a high school intern and they're both amazing.  Many of my foreign teacher colleagues here have issues with someone they're working with or the students they're teaching but my life is pretty good. :)


Here's my class for the 3 weeks of camp.  At the time I didn't notice
that none of them were smiling

Here's a video of the cafeteria:




Here are some photos of meals I've been having (fruits are rare):



Meals usually consist of rice, a soup, meat, veggies (such as seaweed up top), and pickled spicy something like kimchi (cabbage) or radish


1 comment:

  1. I love your class photo! I think they are smiling on the inside. ;)

    ReplyDelete