Friday, July 19, 2013

Co-teacher time and naked time

If you thought my blog posts were short before, you're in for a concise surprise!  I'm going to have even less free time, now with the start of camp, so I'll try to be super brief and share more of my experiences through just photos and videos.

Two nights ago I had dinner with my co-teacher's family.  They brought me to a fancy bibimbap place (rice with a bunch of things mixed in) for dinner:








 We had patbingsu (shaved ice with syrup, fruits, and ice cream) for dessert!

Me with Yun Seo, my former student and former co-teacher's daughter
I stayed the night.  In the morning I found this big breakfast awaiting me (they had to go to work/school):







Yun Seo left school early to spend time with me.  She brought a kimbap (like a warm sushi roll with cooked meat instead of fish) lunch-- it's so yummy!:





The following day Yun Seo helped me make a video of her apartment:




We also walked around the local market that takes place in her apartment complex every Thursday:







Because they live in Yuseong, I went to the public bath (my co-teacher's family very generously treated me to this as well as dinner, dessert...) and for the first time I got a massage there!  Even though I got the "mini massage," it was 50 min long and the lady exfoliated my whole body and soaped me all up.  It was awesome.  I've never really exfoliated my skin before (I know, I'm kind of gross) so this was a treat.  She even put cucumber-soaked cloths on my face at one point.  I could smell the cucumber and saw bits of it later.






We had a mandu (dumpling dinner):


These are fresh noodles from calgooksu (a simple noodle soup) and the round
things are ddeok (rice cakes); they were both so so yummy!


Her husband even drove me all the way to the campus (in a different city) for my summer camp.

... ok, so it turns out this post wasn't so short after all



1 comment:

  1. The apartment has features that would be good here, like the sink that you start with your foot... very practical. I wouldn't be putting icing everywhere when I am doing my cakes. :)

    ReplyDelete